S5 Biostatistcs…..30 CE hours…$63
Take this course and test to:
- certify that you qualify to take a full college biostatistics course.
- show that you have basic biostatistics skills.
- review your biostatistics skills.
- earn 30 CE continuing education hours for nurses and other professionals.
- use new skills in your profession.
To take S5 Biostatistics:
- Study the subject via a textbook, online Google searches or an open university course below.
- Take the online open book test at the end of this page.
- If you get 75 %, pay online $63 and print your certificate.
Study the linked course here and then take the linked test at the end.
Course originally by John McGready, Introduction to Biostatistics. JHSPH OpenCouseWare, http://ocw.jhsph.edu. Creative Commons BY-NC-SA
Background for the course S05
Research Resources NHLBI Programs & Initiatives
NHLBI programs and initiatives designed to stimulate research in targeted areas.
- NHLBI Precision Medicine Initiative
- SNP Typing for Association with Multiple Phenotypes from Existing Epidemiologic Data (STAMPEED)
- GO Exome Sequencing Project(link is external)
- Bench to Bassinet Program(link is external)
- Fly Embryo RNAi Project
- Mendelian Exome Sequencing Project (PROGENI)
Clinical and Population Studies
- Healthy Communities Study: How Communities Shape Children’s Health (HCS)
- Women’s Health Initiative (WHI)
- Epidemiology Studies
- NHLBI Obesity Research
- Programs of Excellence in Glycoscience
- Vascular Interventions/Innovations and Therapeutic Advances (VITA) Program
NHLBI-supported resources to facilitate research in specific areas.
- Resequencing Genotyping Service (RS&G)
- Candidate Gene Association Resource (CARE)
- SNP Health Association Resource (SHARe)
- Microarray Resources
- Rat Genome Database (RGD)
- Mouse Genome Database (MGD)
- Gene Therapy Resource Program (GTRP)(link is external)
- Center for Fetal Monkey Gene Transfer for Heart, Lung, and Blood Diseases(link is external)
- NHLBI Data and Sample Repositories Information Coordinating Center (BioLINCC)
- National Registry of Genetically Triggered Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms and Cardiovascular Conditions (GenTAC)
- Lung Tissue Research Consortium (LTRC)
- Production of Assistance for Cellular Therapies(link is external) (PACT)
- SMARTT website(link is external)
- Compendium of Best Practices for Data Coordinating Centers
- A Digital Forum: Challenges in Cardiovascular Epidemiology
Trans-NIH/HHS Programs and Resources
Programs and Resources that may be of interest to NHLBI researchers.
- NIH Obesity Research
- NIH Knockout Mouse Project (KOMP)
- PharmacoGenetics Research Network (PGRN)
- Alliance of Glycobiologists for Detection of Cancer
- Lipid Standardization Program
- Cholesterol Reference Method Laboratory Network
- Trans-NIH Mouse Initiatives
- Database of Genotype and Phenotype (dbGAP)
- Mammalian Gene Collection
- ChemBank: Initiative for Chemical Genetics
Signs of Spiritual Wellness
Development of a purpose in life
Ability to spend reflective time alone
Taking time to reflect on the meaning of events in life
Having a clear sense of right and wrong, and act accordingly
Ability to explain why you believe what you believe
Caring and acting for the welfare of others and the environment
Being able to practice forgiveness and compassion in life